Friday, August 28, 2009

Prayers Please!

Today we found out that my dad has a 90% blockage in his main artery, a 70% blockage and another blockage which my Mom didn't remember exactly what it was. He is looking at open heart/bypass surgery after the weekend. Please pray for him, my mom and for the doctors and nurses who will be taking care of him and his heart!!

He went a couple of weeks ago for a regular check-up after having some tightness and pressure in his chest. The doctor sent him to a cardiologist to have a stress test. Once he saw the cardiologist and explained his symptoms, the doctor said he didn't feel comfortable doing the stress test and wanted to do a heart cath this afternoon. They waited to talk to the surgeon but they didn't get to because he was in surgery all afternoon, so they will speak tomorrow hopefully. They will be running a battery of tests to figure out more.

I just thought it might be good to write this so that everyone could please pray for him!
I will write more when I find out exactly what will be happening next.