Blake is becoming a bigger boy everyday...he has been on a growth spurt shooting up quite a bit recently and he is maturing so much. He is talking more grown up, making good decisions, sleeping in his OWN room, and is watching out for Natalie. He loves to play with all of his super hero toys and dress up clothes, draw and write, watch his favorite t.v. shows and movies, play tag, cook, be Mommy's or Daddy's helper, read, put together puzzles, and loves to go to school! This winter has been hard on him because he has had so many colds that have lasted so long and have often turned into something more. Right now he has a sinus infection and stuff in his chest too, so he is on an antibiotic, breathing treatments and mucinex. He is a champ though and takes his meds and treatments so well! He writes his name so well and is showing so many of the early literacy signs like asking how to spell everything and asking us to read to him what signs say, etc. We are just so proud of him! He is our "lover boy." TJ & I are very open with our feelings for each other and our kids. We rarely leave each other or get off the phone, etc with out saying "love you." We constantly tell Blake and Natalie that we loved them and once Blake started expressing himself with kisses or words he told us he loved us a lot, but now he says it all the time! Out of nowhere, randomly, throughout the day he says "I love you" and I LOVE that!!! He loves to cuddle too! I hope he is always such a lover! It totally melts my heart to hear him say "Mommy, I love you!"
Natalie has really become quite a toddler since she turned one. Daddy says she isn't a toddler yet, she is still a baby! But, she really is a toddler...walking, running, climbing, getting into things she shouldn't be in, and still eating everything she finds! She has a lot to say, but just doesn't have all the words yet! She still gets her point across though. Natalie can say: Dada, Bubba, Momma, Nana, Papa (which she only whispers), hot, yes, puppy, and she shakes her head "no". She knows some sign language which she uses really well and is soooo helpful. We have taught her things like "milk, all done, more, book, etc" I would recommend this to anyone! I took many classes in college about human growth and development, language development, the learning process, etc. and I remember specifically learning about how well infants can sign and communicate before they could speak. I decided then, that I would teach my kids to sign, I just wish I knew more to teach them!! She loves to read, play with her babies, being my shadow, doing the dishes and laundry, washing her hands, drawing and taking baths!! If I mention to Daddy that we should get baths soon, she will bolt for the stairs and rattle the gate, ready to go up to the bath! We have to spell it now! She hates to get water in her face or get her face wiped off. She isn't fond of holding still to get her diaper changed either. She sleeps in her bed well when she is feeling good. She cut two molars on Valentine's weekend and has had cold that gave her a double ear infection, so she hasn't been sleeping that well lately. She loves her room and she likes to play with her doll house and vanity. If I say something about "look at the princess" or "let's put on your princess dress" she will strain to see in her vanity mirror to "see the princess", I love that!! She loves to look at herself and why not...she is so stinkin' cute! To say she wasn't the biggest kiss giver might be an understatement, but that has changed in the last month or so! She now gives open mouth kisses most of the time, but sometimes it is a closed mouth. She puckers up by putting her bottom lip over the top...it is soooo cute! She likes to get butterfly and eskimo kisses too! She will walk up to you and just lean into you to give you a hug, melts your heart. She started shaking her head "no" about 3 weeks ago and knows what it means! If you put your coat on or say bye she starts to wave! She loves to wave bye-bye to Daddy every morning and watch and wave to him out the front window! Sometimes during the day she will go and look out that same window and say Dada... she waits for him to get home in the evening, and once she hears him she runs for him. What a way to come home...I know he loves it! She fills our hearts with so much love and laughter! She is growing up too fast as she is already 14 months old!
I know I keep saying this, but I am working on getting pictures up! Don't hold your breath though! I am trying to get pictures organized on computers and things more accessible which isn't that easy for me. My valentines got me iLife for Valentine's day (I have been wanting the new updated version for awhile)! I just got it installed and hope to get some time to work on it! I also have a ton of sewing to do. It is definitely baby season for my friends and family! What a blessing to have all these babies! I just need more time to sew! I am also starting a business. I actually have been working on it for about two years now and hope to be getting a website up and running fairly soon. I make lots of things babies, kids and Mommas.
TJ is crazy busy with work! A blessing in disguise sometimes! It is tough times for a lot of people, so when you are so busy that you can't seem to keep your head above water, you have to look at that as a good sign, right? He works so hard for all of us and I am very proud of him and so thankful for all he does!
Also, for those of you who don't know, my parents "retired" last month. Not sure if they will be going back to full-time work ever, but have plans to work part-time in the future. But for right now, they are "livin' the dream" as my Mom says. We are loving it too! It will be even better once they are all settled in. With the kids being sick for the past couple weeks they have already helped me out a ton by watching one of them while I took the other to the dr. or they have come over just to hang out and play with the kids so I can get things done around the house... all you Mommas know how wonderful it is to have someone spoiling your kids while you accomplish things that have maybe been a bit neglected. Hope I don't burn them out!
